Our products contain absolutely no animal-derived ingredients or byproducts including (but not limited to) honey, lanolin, civet, castoreum, ambergris, musk, and carmine.
At no point in the formulation of our products are any ingredients tested on animals by Xyrena, our suppliers, or third-parties. Each and every one of our raw material suppliers have provided a cruelty-free declaration.
Any traditionally animal-derived notes mentioned in our fragrance descriptions (i.e. leather, civet, musk, etc.) are entirely synthetic and included for reference only.
We're certified by:
- PETA's Beauty Without Bunnies (click here to see our listing)
- Leaping Bunny / Cruelty Free International (click here to see our listing)
We're also a member of The Vegan Trade Council
E-Mail: We send an automated order confirmation and receipt immediately upon receiving your order. In every case a customer hasn't received this confirmation it's been for one of two reasons.
A. A typo made during checkout
B. The confirmation went to SPAM (please search your spam folder for an e-mail from Xyrena.com)
SMS: If you opt for SMS/text updates during checkout (which we highly recommend) you'll receive an immediate order confirmation with your order number & we'll send you a shipping confirmation when your order is dispatched along with a tracking number and link.
Account: If you placed an order while logged-in with an existing account or you created one during checkout then you can always see your order history (and status) at Xyrena.com/my-account
No Account: If you placed an order as a guest all you need is your order ID number (provided by us on the order confirmation screen, e-mail, or SMS/text) and your billing e-mail: Xyrena.com/orderstatus
Our base currency is US Dollars so all conversions displayed are calculated from USD. Currency conversions are for informational/estimate purposes only and your final checkout/purchase will be processed in USD.
We use the Open Source Exchange Rates API; the same technology trusted by Etsy, Fab.com, Wego, and Kickstarter.
- United States (includes Alaska, Hawaii, & Puerto Rico)
- United Kingdom (includes England, Scotland, Wales, & Northern Ireland)
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
NOTE FOR ORDERS OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.: Customers are responsible for any applicable duties, customs fees, or taxes for shipments outside of the USA. In most cases UPS will ask for payment prior to or at the time of delivery. Xyrena is not responsible for shipments that are refused by customers or undeliverable as addressed due to incorrect information provided to us during checkout.
We are aware that an unaffiliated company has (in bad faith) registered the trademark ‘Xyrena' in China but we haven't heard of any counterfeit products yet. If you find any Xyrena products sold in mainland China please be aware that these are fake and not produced by or affiliated with us. Only products sold directly through our site or retailers on our stockists page can be guaranteed authentic.
We currently sell products on our site to customers in Hong Kong and are open to retail partnerships because animal testing is not required for physical sales in Hong Kong. For more information check out this great article by Logical Harmony: Can Brands Sell In Hong Kong And Be Cruelty-Free?
We have also applied for the required FDA export documentation to sell products direct to consumers in China via our site starting in August 2018. Direct sales (business to end consumer) of cosmetics are exempt from animal testing requirements. For more information check out this great article and infographic from Ethical Elephant: Understanding China's Animal Testing Laws
- Credit/Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diners Club)
- Apple Pay (on compatible devices)
- Android / Google / Chrome Payments (on compatible devices)
- Online Banking (Pay via instant ACH debit using your bank login) Over 1500+ US banks supported including Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank, and Bank of America
- Amazon Pay (Pay using your existing Amazon account) Available in USA, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Sweden, Portugal, Hungary, Denmark, Japan
- AfterPay (Pay in 4 easy installments with no interest) Available in USA
- WeChat Pay (Coming Soon)
Commercial shipments of cosmetics must be compliant with EU requirements regarding labeling. It needs to be labelled in Italian to be imported with a detailed description of the ingredients of goods (e.g content, expiry date etc.).
Importer must provide a health permit (issued by Health Minister Border Office) that can be requested through UPS with additional costs.
Russian customs also makes the import of cosmetics very difficult and at this time we're unable to streamline these requirements into our fulfillment process. Additionally our international shipping partner UPS is unable to clear any perfume products exceeding 9% alcohol into Russia.
- From UPS.com
- Shipments of cosmetics require a conformity declaration/certificate. It must be provided to customs authority while arriving to the customs territory of Russian Federation. The conformity declaration/certificate must be published on ROSAKKREDITACIA web portal (fsa.gov.ru). The commodity should be labelled by a special sign: EAC (Eurasian Conformity).If the conformity declaration/certificate and/or EAC sign is missed, shipments will be rejected by customs and returned back to the shipper.
- Cosmetics intended not for resale/samples may be imported without the conformity declaration/certificate if the total number of items does not exceed 5 pieces. The consignee must guarantee in writing that such samples are imported for internal use only, and not for resale.
A copy of the government registration certificate issued by ROSPOTREBNADZOR must accompany the shipment together with an invoice in Russian language attested by the shipper to avoid an immediate return of the shipments.
Please see information on Sanitary-Epidemiological Control in section Additional Clearance Information for more details.
Cosmetics with an alcohol content exceeding 9% are subject to excise tax and cannot be cleared by UPS. Any delays or accessorial fees are the responsibility of the consignee.
“Extrait” should not be confused with “Eau”. Terms like Eau de Parfum, Eau de Cologne, and Eau de Toilette means that water has been added to the formulation, “eau” is French for water.
Our Unisex Extrait de Parfum is competitively priced. We dare you to find a genuine Extrait for less – most brands sell for $200+ for just 1 oz!
We're in the process of updating all of our packaging to meet European standards which includes disclosing 26 potential skin allergens (exceeding 0.001% concentration) in the ingredients list of each product.
During this transitional phase some original packaging won't include allergens in the ingredient list but all new products will.
We're also in the process of adding ingredient lists to each individual product page on our site. Please refer to product pages for the most current information and potential allergens.
Due to the complex nature of fragrance formulations and our growing catalog we unfortunately can't respond to individual inquiries about specific ingredients.
XY – Male & Female chromosomes (hence our unisex fragrances and cosmetics)
RENA – From the Latin word renascor which means “to be renewed or reborn.”
The name Xyrena also means “enchanter” in Old Greek.
And in case you're wondering, the “X” is pronounced as a “Z”.
Your selected payment method will be charged at the time you place your order.
For all of our policies please see our Terms & Conditions.
Once your order ships you will receive an e-mail with tracking information. Delivery time depends on your location.
For all of our policies please see our Terms & Conditions.